Moving day is a lot of things. It’s exciting to finally move into the home you’ve been working toward for weeks, months, or years. It’s a relief! Closing day is past, and you’ve got the keys.
But moving day can also be stressful and exhausting, whether you’re hiring movers or going the DIY route with a few friends. There are a few things you can do the day of your move to ease the pain of moving day, and that includes keeping some key essentials handy. Realtor.com lists 14 items you’ll want to have on moving day. Here are some highlights:
- Food and water: You’ll need easy meals both for moving day and the first couple of days in your home. You won’t be making gourmet meals while you unpack and find the pots and pans. Think simple and quick instead. Water goes without saying – you need to stay hydrated while you move!
- Box cutter: Don’t struggle opening boxes! Make it easy on yourself with a tool.
- Cleaning supplies: The place you’re moving out of and the place you’re moving into both need to be cleaned. Don’t put the cleaners in the truck first.
- Hangers: Don’t put your clothing on the floor! Keep hangers handy so things can go right into closets.
- Lamps: Not every room has an overhead light. Keep a few lamps handy.
- Lightbulbs and batteries: You’ll need them, trust us.
- Toiletries: Pack bags for yourself as if you’re going out of town for a couple of days. It’ll save you the trouble of digging through boxes if you have clothes, towels, and toiletries for a day or two. (Plus, you’ll need a shower after a busy day of moving!)
What goes on your list of moving-day essentials? See the entire list from Realtor.com here.
Brandywine MD Homes for Sale and Real Estate Services in Southern Maryland. You now have a search engine to help you with your Southern Maryland home search! And I’m ready to provide you with a custom home valuation if you’re considering selling your home. Let’s connect to discuss how I can help you. Contact Kimberly Bean at 301-440-1309